Public creations of works in the catalogue.
Charles-Edouard Platel's current catalogue includes some forty electroacoustic works, to be heard in concert or in art exhibitions. His compositions can be listened in streaming or downloaded via Bandcamp and other music platforms. On physical media, to date he has produced eleven CD albums and two DVD albums available on command.
His essay "Imaginary music, listening, analysing, creating, composing 21st century music" was published as a printed book in 2007, but the internet version is maintained with free and unrestricted access. It is visited daily by Internet users from various countries.
Regularly Charles-Edouard Platel composes music inspired by the work of artists and accompanying the exhibition of their works. He has cooperated with painters Rui Prazeres, Srecko Boban and Gomès, plastic artists Beatrice Carré, Cecile Dachary, K-rol Cordier and Catherine Seznec, photographers Michel Di Maggio and Bernard Sustrac, sculptor Isabelle Garbil Fauve-Piot. He has also made several experimental music videos, as well as some educational and recreational pieces.
Performances in public as spatialized electroacoustic concerts, including recently:
Chorégraphy by Efi Farmaki and Yaël Heynderickx on the music "WATER", performed outdoors on 27 May and 16 September 2023 at the former Valentins washhouse in Bullion (Yvelines). As part of the "Folies Lavoirs" artistic tours in the Parc Naturel de la Haute Vallée de Chevreuse.
Performance by of the dancer Efi Farmaki on the music "WATER" . interpreted on the MOTUS acousmonium by Oivier Lamarche, as part of the festival "En chair et en son" , November 23, 2022, Théâtre Aleph, Ivry-sur-Seine.
Concert "Symphony The Forest", oct 9, 2021, Saint-Jean-Baptiste church, Boullay-les-Troux.
Creation of "Water", oct 2, 2021, Saint-Clair church, Gometz-le-Châte
Creation of "In the becoming", oct 3, 2020, Saint-Jean-Baptiste church, Boullay-les-Troux.
Concert "Symphony The Forest", oct 12, 2019, Saint-Clair church, Gometz-le-Châtel
Creation of "Sailing", october 6, 2018, Chapelle de Soucy in Fontenay-les-Briis 91, then in concert on Jan 26 and Feb 2 2019 at the Palais des Arts et du Parimoine, Châtenay-Malabry.
Creation of "Vibration", October 3, 2016, Les Molières 91.
Creation of "June Fourth Elegies", June 3, 2016, Janvry 91.
Creation of "Migration" - Oct.4 2015, Atelier du Chateau de la Madeleine in Chevreuse.
"Forest Vibes etc.." - Oct.12 2013, Janvry 91.
At the Futura annual festival in Crest, on the MOTUS great acousmonium:
- Water was played by Sophie Delafontaine for the 2023 edition,
- Very Far Very Close was played by Anne Foucher for the 2019 edition.
- Sawlogy was played by Eric Broitmann for the 2018 edition
- The suite of 13 "Anachronistics Poems" was played by Guillaume Contré for the 2015 edition.
- "Over the City" was played by Guillaume Contré for the 2013 edition,
- The suite "Youmonte" was played by Olivier Lamarche for the 2010 edition,
March 5-6, 12-13 andt 19-20 2022: Le Vent, looped projection, followed on May 14 by a conference "Charles-Edouard Platel's imaginary music". with two films: Orge et coquelicots, Le Vent, and a short introduction to the musique concrète. In La Chapelle de Clairefontaine-en-Yvelines, center for contemporary art.
- Sept 30 - Oct 1st and Oct 7-8, 2017 in la Chapelle Sainte-Anne, Moutiers, Bullion 78,
- March 3-4, 10-11 and 17-18, 2018 in La Chapelle de Clairefontaine-en-Yvelines, center for contemporary art.
- from Jan 22 janvier to Feb 20, 2019: "Vibrato" exhibition, at Pavillon des Arts et du Patrimoine, Chatenay-Malabry 92
March 4-5, 11-12 et 18-19, 2017: in La Chapelle de Clairefontaine-en-Yvelines, center for contemporary art: looped projection of "Cinq videos expérimentales": Orge et coquelicots, La mer, Le temps d'un mouvement, Métamorphosonic, Badinage pour quatre mains.
- « Electric Narval », on the theme of Jules Verne, was selected as contribution for the 2005 IMEB "Open Work";
- « Sawlogy » was selected within the same framework, on the theme of melancholy in 2007, then got the Honory Mention of the Musica Nova competition in December 2007;
- the « Grand Soir » was also created in 2008 for the 'IMEB Open Work" , on the theme of Revolution;
- "Wave surfing" was broadcast in January 2009 in the program "Electrain de Nuit" produced by the INA-GRM on France Vivace radio;
- "Funerals", part 4 of the suite "Youmonte", was broadcast in May 2009 in the program "Electromania" produced by the INA-GRM on France Musique radio;
- "Metamorphosonic", part 3 of the suite "Coincidence", was finalist of the Musica Nova competition in December 2009;
- An excerpt of '"Untimed dreaming", part 2 of the suite "Coincidence", was also broadcast in the program "Electromania" in December 2009.
- In October 2011, "Musicality of the senses", part 1 of "Acousmatic Transmutations ", is broadcast in "Electromania", and "Memories of an egg", part 1 of "Anachronistics Poems", in the Radio Libertaire's program "Epsilonia", which received C.E. Platel in 2013 for a radio show presenting several of his works, sources of inspiration and research themes.
- "Struggle", part 4 of the suite "Migration", was brodcast on November 2015 in the program "Electrain de nuit" produced by INA-GRM on France Musique radio. And through the Radio Libertaire's program "Epsilonia" the part 1 "Exode" was brodcast in March 2016 and the part 2 "In the ship's hold" in June 2017.
- With Isabelle Garbil Fauve-Piot, sculptor, 1st prize in the 2018 competition organised by the Parisian gallery l'Achronique for two works combining sculpture and music: "Temporalité de l'être" and "Presque rien, presque tout".
"Passages", part 2 of "Navigation", is broadcast by "Epsilonia" in January 2019.